Welcome to the Bloch MBA!
Admission Response Form
We hope you've chosen to enroll at the Bloch School and look forward to having you join our community. Please submit the Admission Response Form to let us know your plans. Even if you have decided to enroll elsewhere, we appreciate your response.
The MBA academic advisor, Jewel Madsen, will help you plan your program of study and register you for your first semester of coursework. Please contact Jewel at 816-235-5126 or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your advising appointment.
- Purchase your UMKC parking pass by visiting the Permit Parking webpage.
- Once you've registered for classes, get your UMKC student ID by visiting the UMKC One Card office.
- Tuition payment deadlines can be found on the Cashier's office website.
- Interested in short-term (1 week) study abroad options? Visit the Bloch Study Abroad webpage.
- View the UMKC Academic Calendar and catalogs.
- To register for your courses please visit Pathway.
Log-on to Canvas to complete the Technology Support Orientation Quiz
- Use your student single sign to log on to Canvas
- Click the PMBA template
- Technology Support Orientation Quiz is located in the Course Overview
- Canvas is a Learning Management System (LMS) that provides an online space for instructors to post course materials (documents, videos, podcasts, etc.) and teach online courses.
If you are having issues with Canvas please contact the UMKC Instructional Technology Services via phone at (816)235-6700 or via email at email@example.com.
- Panopto is a lecture-capture platform that provides the ability to combine audio, video, PowerPoint/Keynote, and screen capture into one recording. Your instructor may use Panopto to record lectures for your course. Panopto videos can be accessed in your Canvas course.
If you are having issues with Panopto please check out the Panopto troubleshooting guide or contact the UMKC Instructional Technology Services via phone at (816)235-6700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Zoom is the online web-conferencing tool used to engage in class discussions
If you are having issues with Zoom please contact the UMKC Instructional Technology Services via phone at (816)235-6700 or via email at email@example.com.
- Proctor U is an online tool for you to take exams. Using a webcam and a reliable, high-speed internet connection, you can take your exams anywhere.
If you are having troubles with Proctor U please call UMKC Instructional Technology Services at (816) 235-6700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having issues with Pathway please contact the UMKC Information Services via phone at (816)235-2000 or via email at email@example.com.
- Need help with your UMKC Username and Password
- Information Services: Information Access
Where do I register for classes?
You will register for courses on Pathway. Click here for step-by-step directions.
When are tuition payments due?
Payment Due Dates
What if I have a business trip that interferes with classes?
The expectation is that you will attend all courses, however we do understand special circumstances occur. When special circumstances arise, please contact your instructor to coordinate your absence.
Does the Bloch School offer Career Services/Advice?
Yes, please visit the Bloch School Career Services Office.
How and when do I apply for graduation?
Program of Study should be completed half way through the program and submitted to MBA program's academic advisor, Jewell Madsen.
Application for Graduation should be completed prior to the semester you intend to graduate and submitted to MBA program's academic advisor, Jewell Madsen.
Do I have to take all my core classes before I begin my electives/emphasis classes?
We strongly encourage you to take all of your core courses before beginning electives.
Can I mix and match Blended and Online Instruction classes in the same semester and throughout my MBA degree program?
Yes, the program allows for this type of flexibility.
Can I transfer in previous graduate level courses I took before starting my UMKC MBA?
Consult with the MBA Programs Advisor to see how courses may transfer.
Do I need a Student ID, and what is the purpose of one?
It is beneficial to have a Student ID for using computer labs, the Miller Nichols Library or Swinney Recreational Facility.
What do I do if I am unable to login into Panopto or Zoom?
Your current web browser may not be compatible with this technology. We strongly encourage you to use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.